Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Review: Harley Quinn #2


Review: Harley Quinn #2
Submitted by: Theresa Stier, Comic News Writer
17 August 2016


“The Coney Island of the Damned,” by Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, starts off in a very Harley fashion. She has the idea to shoot out the windows of the hospital so the Red Tool can make it safely into the hospital. She takes out three floors of windows, which causes a panic in the hospital, but Red ends up safely in the cafeteria. What I like most about this comic is that it shows Harley at her finest. There's no Joker that she's smitten over (not that I don't like it when they are together). She's out there kicking some zombie ass by herself (until her other friends show up).

Of course, there are hilarious moments as Harley takes down these zombies: it wouldn't be a Harley comic without some comedy! I am curious to see how Harley is going to save the day (if she does). I can see Harley thinking she saved the day, but doing more harm than good… kind of like shooting the windows of the hospital in order to have Red not crash into the windows. If I were in a zombie apocalypse, I would definitely want Harley on my team.

The Verdict: If the zombie apocalypse ever happens, I hope there's a Harley Quinn out there so she can be on my team. Not only would she kick some serious zombie ass, she would make it funny; you're going to need some laughs when killing zombies. I'm excited to see read the next issue to see Harley kick some more zombie ass and learn more about this virus that has turned people into zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment