Thursday, January 5, 2017

Review: Flintstones #7

Review: Flintstones #7
Submitted by: Theresa Stier, Comic News Writer
January 5 2017

No automatic alt text available.“Another Day On Earth,” by Mark Russell and artsit Rick Leonardi, has a few comical lines. The first one that had me amused was when an alien comes to talk to Fred, Wilma, Barney, and Betty. Fred greets him like this is a normal thing and he is used to aliens just showing up while he's barbecuing. Nothing about this alarms him, or the others for that matter. If it were me, I wouldn't be trying to have a conversation with this said alien. Another line that had me amused was after Betty and Wilma go to try to sell Wilma's artwork. Betty says, “Let's go get some ham.” Now I know this is set in a different time, but I found it amusing that ham is their comfort food. In present time, us girls would be going out to get some wine or some cheesecake for comfort. Not ham.
No automatic alt text available.
I think anyone that enjoys the Flintstones, as both a child and or an adult, will enjoy this comic. How the comic ends though, well it should be interesting how the next one is going to start. It also shows that even though Fred shows up late to work, he's the coworker that you want to have by your side in case something happens (like it does at the end of this comic). I am sure the next comic will be just as enjoyable as this one was (along with a few more amusing lines of dialogue).

The Verdict: I enjoyed this comic and I would recommend it to anyone that likes or has liked the Flintstones in the past. I think anyone that has been a fan of the Flintstones will enjoy this and will be looking forward to the next issue.

Follow Theresa on Twitter @Smallville0628 and @Geektified for the latest comic reviews!  

No comments:

Post a Comment