Sunday, January 29, 2017

Review: Detective Comics #949

Review: Detective Comics #949
Submitted by: Theresa Stier
25 January 2017

No automatic alt text available.“Batwoman Begins: Finale,” by James Tynion IV, Marguerite Bennett, and artist Ben Oliver, is a very action packed comic. Between the flashback of Batwoman meeting Batman and then the present day, there is a lot of action for the reader to enjoy. You also get that little bit of a back story about Batwoman and Batman, due to the flashback in the start of the comic. At the end, you have a bit of closure about Kate and what her future is going to be. With 'finale' in the title, my mind went to the worst. I'm glad that this didn't go in the direction of Batwoman getting hurt or killed.
Image may contain: 2 people
I am curious to see what is next for Batwoman and how much her father is going to be involved. I do not think that she's going to break him out of jail or anything like that, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the last time we see her father in the next series. I would recommend this comic, for anyone that loves Batgirl or Batwoman. If you like Batman, I would also recommend it too, but this comic focuses more on Batwoman than Batman.

The Verdict: I did like this comic because there was action in it, but it wasn't the full comic. It also gave a nice introduction to Batwoman for her next series. Her story is definitely not over and this won't be the last time we see Batwoman. 

Follow Theresa on Twitter @Smallville0628 and @Geektified for the latest comic reviews!   

No comments:

Post a Comment